In close co-operation with different partners, the EWC is working on an intercultural glossary project in the field of education for democratic citizenship, human rights and intercultural understanding.
The aim is to provide an online resource for education professionals offering definitions and discussions of key concepts
, as well as methods for concept learning.
The glossary can be used to facilitate learning processes fostering (self)-reflexivity, multi-perspectivity and information literacy.
The content of the online glossary are being produced through peer learning activities with students in different countries. The project includes:
- the cooperative development of conceptual knowledge and understanding
- the development of an online glossary
- the development of methods for concept learning
- initiate a field of research
Initiated by the Federal Agency for Civic Education in Germany, and the European Wergeland Centre, the Intercultural Glossary Project is a focus group of the Network of European Citizenship Educators (NECE), with members from:
- The Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Al Akhawayn University Ifrane/ Morocco
- Faculty of Education, Psychology and Human Movement / University of Hamburg
- KULTRANS programme/University of Oslo (TBC)
- Centre for Human Rights Education University of Teacher Education Central Switzerland Lucerne
- Programme for teacher Education/Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Sidi Mohamed Ben Abdellah University / Morocco
- Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education/University of Luxembourg
Contact: Claudia Lenz, The EWC: email@example.com